KINDERGARTEN-PUNK

. . .

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Marnonda Montebello Harshmello





It's not that I hate Everything but sometimes I feel like I hate everyone. Hate is a very powerful word yes, so is love. Sometimes I want there to be love but there is none so this makes me angry and start to dis-like everything and wanna freak-out and borrow a gun and shoot something or sumone. Im glad that I can take my aggression out on sumthing like creating music, creating awesome fun happy angry music that really helps me relieve myself from a world of bullshit. W/ out my sound, w/ out the sound of others that I enjoy so much, I don't know what I would do, who I would be. I feel fortunate to have had an exposure to actual real rock & roll punk-rock, Soul, Disco, whatever at an early age. I sumtimes think that alll the dumb metal-hardcore-noise heads from suburban towns are into that music but that's the only thing that goes on in those areas so they have no exposure to any other kinda genre and they wanna feel like its punk but it isn't! It's funny how I totally got into girl bands & riot grrrl during highschool like thats how its supposed to be for a rebellious girl and/or queer boy. That is a sound that a lot of us first start truly adapting to, realizing that this is what we're supposed to hear and love, that this is punk! Those Days were awesome when I first started collecting records n I would come home and listen to a buncha new shit that I loved a lot! The first two 12 inchers I got was the B 52's yellow album and Sleater-Kinney's The Hot rock, then Mocket, Star pimp, Gravy train and a lot of kill rock stars junk + the Red aunts and alll that stuff. When I was just a young boy I never wanted to play a guitar or anything like that until about 15 or so when I realized how easy it looked because some of my girlfriends were already playing and I wanted to too! I remember this one time we were all @ J's BF's house/studio back house where there was a drum set and junk, I like totally wanted a band @ 17 so I was already jamming out w/ friends kinda. One day we arranged a way-out free style Punk-rock-girl jam practice w/ L. & J. on Vocals, C. on Drums & me on bass! I can remember that day in a blur and from what I recall, that stuff was seriously off th' hook! We were doing this way before this whole "riot grrrl revival" / girls doing shit thing. Finally punk came out before mika miko so we were kinda like them. There were no coool bands really at the time (02/03) except for what Gravy train was doing. There weren't many girl/queer musicians back during that time. Im glad that stuff is cooool now, and a lot of bands are finally getting it! but that has to happen we are in the end of days!!!

10 reasons why a person may need a car
1. so they don't get left at a funeral service w/ no ride to the burial
2.to travel out to meet a hot date
3.To see a really awesome band that they don't wanna miss!
4.They can decorate the out side w/ a really cool huge magnet
5.to drive to the mountains/woods and rock out w a radio & good batteries
6.so they can drive to the only normal market way in some other town
7.to pick up a friend and go smoke sumwhere outdoors
8.So they can hear Their awesome crazy music
9.In case of an emergency it's probably cheaper to drive to the hospital
10.to go on tour, to travel!


S. was right "Sometimes theres nothing wrong with dodge, but you
just gotta get out"

No comments:

Post a Comment